Sutton Shopmobility understands that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Because of that, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, how long we will keep it, who we share it with as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
Sutton Shopmobility is a member of the QEF family of charities which work together to provide a wide range of services and opportunities for disabled people to help them achieve their goals for life.
What information do we have or hold on you?
We may collect personal information about you when you contact us regarding any aspect of our work e.g. assessment of equipment needs, equipment hire, advice and information on mobility equipment, making online purchases. We will ensure that we only collect enough information in order to allow us to provide the appropriate service, report to our funders, and which is reasonable and fair. The sort of information we will hold will include:
Personal Information relevant to the service you are accessing, such as your contact details. date of birth, financial details and any feedback you give to us:
- Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our Service, and so on)
- Information regarding the outcome of any assessment we provide and reports summarising these outcomes including medical references
- Any clinically relevant lifestyle information, such as your weight
- Special categories of data regarding your racial/ethnic origin and your health including disabling conditions
Please note that providing your personal information is a condition of using our service so if you are unable to share this information with us then we will be unable to help you.
The GDPR requires us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. These are the grounds we think are relevant:
- Where you’ve given us your consent for us to use your personal information in a certain way. For example, we will ask for your consent at the end of this form for a lot of the processing we undertake.
- Where necessary so that we can comply with a legal obligation. For example where we need to share your personal information with regulatory bodies which govern our work and services.
- Some processing is necessary for the performance of a contract which we have with you or to take steps before entering a contract (for example if you undertake to hire a scooter long term).
- Some processing is undertaken on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights. For example information about how you have used our services.
How we use your information
Personal information which you supply to us may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- help us understand more about you and to improve our service
- to provide the services you requested
- to ensure efficient and accurate administration of your request
- to process your request or payment
- to manage your case or complaint
- help answer your questions and solve any issues you have
- for statistical analysis to provide services to the wider community by furthering our charitable aims, support a grant or funding application through the use of anonymised information, report to existing funders, inform annual reports.
In line with our retention policy we will keep your personal information for 7 years after which it will be securely disposed of.
How we will ensure your information is kept safe
We take security measures to protect your information including:-
- storing paper-based information in lockable areas
- limiting access to paper-based and electronic information to those who need to see it
- implementing access controls to our information technology
- disposing of data at the end of the retention period
- information will only be transferred outside of the UK with your consent and if specified secure conditions are met.
How we share your information
We may disclose your personal data to third parties when permitted to do so including:
- to arrange delivery or collection of equipment with a Courier
- if we have a lawful basis for doing so
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes providing your personal data to other organisations, such as the Police, for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime
We will not disclose your data to anyone else without your consent.
We will ensure you can exercise your rights in relation to the personal data you provide to us.
You have the right: of access; to rectification; to erasure; to restrict processing; and to object. You have the right to data portability and where QEF use an industry standard application, we will provide portable data formats. If you wish to exercise these rights please contact email@example.com. There is an additional right relating to automated decision making but QEF does not undertake any automated decision making activities.
If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems relating to the use of your personal data, you may complain to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about our collection and use of your personal data. They can be contacted at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, www.ico.org.uk.
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we place any updates on this web page. This privacy notice was last updated on 18 May 2018.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, your rights to access information we hold on you, or details on how long we hold your information, please contact us at Sutton.Shopmobility@qef.org.uk, or write to us at:
The Sutton Shopmobility Charity Company, Level Three, St Nicholas Shopping Centre, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey SM1